Chair Makeover









I found these two chairs by the side of the road and I am all
about free stuff. The plastic was discolored by mildew and white paint had some how been splatted on both chairs. There was also some rust on the metal frame, but nothing some 4o9 and steel wool can't fix.

At first I tried to remove the stains and paint from the plastic parts of the chair. I used soap and water, paint thinner, and this very toxic product called Goo-Gone. None got the job done. So instead of investing my cash in more toxic solvents I've decided to just spray paint the plastic. I tried to unscrew the backrest and the seat to make painting easier, but because of the structure of the chair it was impossible. So i just used painters masking tape and over zealously taped the metal frame so that no metal was exposed.

I think I'll pick a mustard/yellowish/greenish color....
to be continued